Most Recent Layouts

Looking for Something on My Blog? Search Here!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

DAY TWO Before Move

Well today went much better!!!

It didn't quite start out that way though. After I dropped Nathan off at daycare, I headed up to the new house. I was about half-way there when I get a phone call from David Blair. He's the guy who was going to put up a privacy fence for me, as well as a few other little things. I was meeting him up at the new house to walk him through and get an estimate. I could have sworn he said 9am. Nope! He said 8am! Great! So, I'm on my way and I'm almost there and I see police lights. No, not behind some....in front of me! I had to detour. I hate detours, especially when I don't know where I'm going. Anyway, I got there fine and he wasn't upset!! I walked him through, we talked, and I got my quotes. VERY reasonable! YAY!

Once David left, I headed down the street to get some ice for my Coke Zero. You see, I STILL didn't have electricity!! Thankfully, it wasn't too unbearably hot out! I got power right around 2/2:30pm!!

I finished removing the wallpaper from the pantry. I plan to paint the walls, sides and bottom a dark brown either tomorrow or Saturday. I brought the shelves home today so I could apply the Contac paper. I need to scrape the dry bits off and the leftover goo as well.
On to PHASE I of Nathan's room!
I thought about NOT taping it off, but I don't have that steady a hand and I wanted it to look nice. So I taped it off. That's the part that took the longest! 
 The FIRST brush stroke!!
 PHASE II complete! I painted all around the edges, corners, and trim. On to the really fun part!!
 PHASE III complete!!! I love how this came out! A little darker than I had expected, but I love it nonetheless!! I can't wait to see how it ends up tomorrow when it's all dry!
 I went on to PHASE I of the living room, but forgot to take a pic, so here's PHASE II. I love this so far. I was going for more of a cream color, but ended up with a washed-out light tan-ish color. I still think it looks great!
I used the headband to help keep the sweat out of my eyes and it worked wonderfully!! I also tried to protect my hair from getting paint in it with the bandana.
 It didn't work!!  LOL!! But, truthfully.....I really like what happened to it! I wonder if I took this pic in to a salon if they could duplicate it somehow? 
Tomorrow is another day.
Tomorrow is MOVING day!

Since I didn't have anyone to help me move and I really didn't want to do it myself, I broke down and went looking for movers. Of all places, I actually found a legit mover on Craig's List!! For a little more than renting just a U-Haul truck, I get a huge truck, all the moving fixin's, three guys who load/unload and I get to direct them where to put things!!!  YAY!

No comments: